Regional Productivity Award Entries 2014
Calling for 2014 nominations
Productivity SA’s mission is to improve productivity by advising, implementing, motivating and evaluating solutions aimed at South Africa’s competitiveness.
Productivity SA is committed to improving productivity and creating jobs and strives to ensure economic growth and social development in order to improve the quality of life of all South Africans.
Since 1998 Productivity SA has been running productivity awards to give recognition to individuals, businesses and public sectors for productivity improvement initiatives.
Who May Participate?
Private and public sector organisations of all sizes are eligible, including institutions, professional bodies, associations, local authorities and individuals and registered Co-operatives who have been in operation for 18 months or longer. Productivity SA may also nominate or request deserving organisations or individuals to enter the competition.
Productivity awards are issued in the following categories:
- Co- operatives – (Registered)
- SMME – Micro, small and medium (0 – 400 employees)
- Corporate Sector – 400 plus employees
- Public Sector – Government departments, local municipalities & state owned enterprises.
- Background information on the individual or organisation
- Approach used to improve productive capacity
- Results and impact
- Overcoming challenges and obstacles
- Sustainability and transferability of the initiative
- Social and environmental impact
- Safety and working environment
The Adjudication Committee compromises of esteemed individuals representing government, labour and business.
Entries are short-listed according to a rating system. A productivity assessor then visits the entrant to obtain evidence of the initiative’s success. Recommendations are made after these visits. The decision of the Adjudication Committee is final and not subject to appeal. An evaluation report will be submitted to each entrant after adjudication.